Step up Instrument Night
November 22, 2011 Leave a comment
The Holland High School Instrumental Music Department is putting on a Step Up Instrument night on December 1st at the Holland High School Media Center at 7 – 8PM.
This evening is designed to give a close up look at instruments that are available to assist your students’ growth as a musician.
Perhaps you have had conversations regarding a better instrument or a better component like a wood bow or a different mouth piece with your student. Meyer Music Co. will be on hand to discuss and answer questions as well as provide a close up look at what they have to offer in the way of step up instruments. We will have discussions on how instruments are made and what to look for in buying instruments. This is a great time to find out what you have always wanted to know about instruments and are afraid to ask such as:
· What really is an open-hole flute and does my child need one?
· What makes an instrument better than another?
· Will I have to sell my car to buy a step up instrument for my student?
· What is a carbon fiber bow and is it really what my child needs?
· Does a better instrument make my child more competitive for college auditions?
· What’s’ the difference between silver and brass instruments?
· Is the violin Aunt Martha played in 1924 considered a step up instrument?
· Will Meyer put the money I have paid to rent/buy my child’s instrument into a step up instrument?
· Is this something I could do for my child for the Holidays?
· Can I afford this?
You are not obligated to buy from Meyer Music. This is however a great chance to get some good information on a good opportunity.
Stop by the Holland High School Media Center on December 1, 2011 between 7pm and 8pm to find out more about step up instruments!
John Reikow – Director of Orchestras and Jazz Band
John Bogue – Diretor of Bands